BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre Inn
11310-109th Street, Edmonton, AB T5G 2T7
Phone: 780/479-2042 | Fax: 780/474-2204 | 109 Rooms | Online Reservations
The BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre Inn is a newly renovated centrally located hotel and is home to the Runway 29 Lounge - which features fantastic views. In demand by both business and leisure travelers alike, the BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre Inn is the perfect place to stay while visiting Edmonton.
After enjoying a relaxing night's sleep, head outside this Edmonton hotel - centrally located, just north of the downtown core - to explore everything the city has to offer. From catching an Edmonton Oilers hockey game at Rexall Place, Edmonton Eskimos CFL game or the Canadian Finals Rodeo and fantastic shopping at Kingsway Mall, there's something for everyone in Edmonton and guests can find it all just outside the hotel.
Guests of the BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre Inn will find cozy, contemporary guest rooms, each complete with all the comforts of home, with special attention paid to the needs of our guests, like custom designed furnishings and oversized writing desks in most rooms. Other amenities at this Edmonton hotel include food service 24 hours a day, a sparkling heated indoor pool, relaxing hot tub and thrilling 30-foot water slide. For our guest's convenience, a Tim Horton's Restaurant is also attached to the lobby.
Business guests visiting the BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre Inn will also appreciate the hotel's comfortable accommodations and close proximity to area businesses, including the Royal Canadian Mounted Police K-Division, Northern Alberta Institute of Technology, Glenrose Hospital and the Royal Alexandria Hospital.
Make your next Edmonton hotel stay unforgettable with the friendly staff, affordable rates and cozy accommodations. Book a stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS City Center Inn today.
The BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre will be upgrading building exterior during summer 2014, daytime construction only.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100 % smoke-free hotel
- Coffee Shop, on-site, Tim Horton's, open 24 hours for coffee, hot and cold snacks and meals
- Cocktail lounge on-site, Runway 29 Lounge has a full menu and a great atmosphere.
- Indoor pool, heated, saltwater
- Hot tub, saltwater
- Water sports, waterslide
- Exercise facility, open from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Ice/vending machines
- Cold weather hook-ups
- Free parking, subject to availability
- Internet kiosk computer access
- Fax services, available at front desk nominal fee
- Universal gym
- Rowing machine
- Stationary bike
- 24-hour front desk
- Inter/Exter corridor
- Laundromat, two washers, two dryers, soap and dryer sheets sold in vending machine. Tokens available at front desk, nominal fee.
- Safe deposit box available at front desk
- Cable or satellite television
- Free high-speed wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center
- Printer available
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Mail services, will send out guest mail with hotel mail
- Front Desk Staff will assist, nominal fee
- Parking for the physically challenged, subject to availability.
- Truck/RV parking, subject to availability
BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus city centre inn in Edmonton.
BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre Inn
Conveniently located, the best western plus city centre inn in Edmonton, Alberta is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 53.562875 / Latitude: -113.508625
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Yellowhead 16 East Saskat Take the 97th Street Exit South (left). Head south on 97th Street then right on 111th Avenue, right on 109th Street. The BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre Inn is on the left hand side at 113th Avenue.
From: Yellowhead 16 West BC. Take the 107th Street Exit. Head south on 107th Street. Right on Princess Elizabeth Avenue. Two blocks then left on 109th Street. The BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre Inn is on the right hand side at 113th Avenue (right away).
From: 97th Street North. Head south on 97th Street then right on 111th Avenue, right on 109th Street the BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre Inn is on the left hand side at 113th Avenue.
From: NW Peace River G. Prairie Head east (left) on Yellowhead Trail (Highway 16). Take the 107th Street Exit. Head south on 107th Street then right on Princess Elizabeth Avenue. Two blocks then left on 109th Street. The BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre Inn is on the right hand side at 113th Avenue (right away).
From: Highway 2 South Calgary. Follow all signs to City Centre. Make a left on 97th Avenue and a right on 109th Street (right after the underpass). Go approximately 16 blocks on 109th Street and the BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre Inn is on the left hand side at 113th Avenue.
BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Handling over 6 million passengers annually, Edmonton International Airport (YEG) serves Edmonton, Alberta, in Northern Alberta. Owned by Transport Canada and operated by Edmonton Airports, YEG has three terminal buildings and two runways.
As Canada's fifth busiest airport, YEG is a focus city for WestJet. YEG provides scheduled flights by major airlines including Air Canada, United Airlines, US Airways and WestJet.
Creating the largest urban park in Canada, The Edmonton River Valley Parks are a system of city parks along the North Saskatchewan River, winding through Edmonton, Alberta. The River Valley's 20 major parks cover over 160 kilometers and include Hermitage Park, Emily Murphy Park and William Hawrelak Park, all with varying terrain and amenities. William Hawrelak Park features Heritage Amphitheatre – known for hosting events like Edmonton Symphony Orchestra's Symphony Under the Sky Festival.
Summertime visitors to the parks utilize numerous golf courses, like Riverside Golf Course and Victoria Golf Course, as well as paved and unpaved hiking trails and walking trails. During Edmonton's long winters, the parks become a popular cross-country skiing destination and William Hawrelak Park fills with ice skaters.
Enrich your cultural experience while visiting downtown Edmonton. Attend a musical performance by the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra. This mainstay in the Edmonton community, has provided high quality symphony performances for over sixty years. Since 1997, the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra has preformed in the Francis Winspear Centre for Music, reminiscent of a 19th century concert hall.
On average, the symphony performs more than eighty-five concerts each year, featuring a wide variety of musical genres. The members of the symphony also perform for the Alberta Ballet and Edmonton Opera. As many as 30,000 students across northern and central Alberta, enjoy educational concert performances each year at the centre. While in town, choose one of the local Best Western hotels, for a wonderful night's rest.
Alberta's original and only organic-fruit cottage winery, en Santé Winery is near Lac Santé and Lac Brosseau, northeast of Edmonton, Alberta. Founded by the Chrapko family, the winery specializes in saskatoon berry, raspberry, apple, rhubarb, wild cherry, and honey wines.
Group tours of the winery are available and include an up-close look at the orchard, demonstrations of grafting techniques, and even pottery demonstrations. en Santé was announced as "Winner of Best of Best Practices Renewal" by AgChoices in 2007 and Victor and Elizabeth Chrapko were named "Outstanding Organic Farmers of the Year" by the Organic Crop Improvement Association.
Gallagher Park is a beautiful park located near the North Saskatchewan River in Edmonton. If in Edmonton in August, be sure to visit Gallagher Park during the four-day Edmonton Folk Music Festival. Music fans love spending time in the park, while listening to bluegrass, folk, blues, gospel and Celtic music, performed on six stages.
Partake in all-season fun at the park. Whether relaxing, hiking or cross-country skiing, the park is the perfect venue to enjoy spending time outdoors. While in Northern Alberta, check into one of the several Best Western hotels, to enjoy a peaceful night's rest and excellent guest services.
A member of the Northeast Edmonton Agriculture Producers, Horse Hill Berry Farm serves as a rural respite bestridden against the North Saskatchewan River, minutes northeast from the center of Edmonton, in northern Alberta.
Family owned and operated, the farm specializes in "U-Pick" raspberries, inviting summer visitors to roam eight acres of land and pick from raspberry bushes lined in neat, grassed rows.
The John Janzen Nature Centre, Canada's oldest nature center, is located in the River Valley of Edmonton. For 34 years, the center has provided educational interactive exhibits and educational opportunities for those ready to explore their natural surroundings. Enjoy learning about the animals and natural habitats, at the Tegler Discovery Zone and Prairie Pond. Stroll along the interpretive trails and learn more about the natural spaces of Northern Alberta.
Children love attending the school programs, camps and courses offered at the Nature Centre. Celebrate a special occasion or birthday at the centre, for a wild time. The Natural Treasure Program, an outdoor scavenger hunt, is a fun way for kids to learn about nature. While visiting Edmonton, choose Best Western hotels, for convenient and comfortable lodging.
Old Strathcona is a wonderful historical area in Edmonton. Edmonton visitors have enjoyed the variety of services in Old Strathona, for more than 100 years. The Old Strathcona Foundation was formed in the 1970s when Edmonton citizens joined together to save many of the old buildings from being demolished. Stroll through Old Strathcona to enjoy shopping, listening to live music, sipping your favorite coffee along the street or satisfying your appetite in one of the many restaurants.
The Edmonton Pass is a perfect way to see all of the local sights, including selected events at Old Strathcona, at a discount price. While in Northern Alberta, stay close to the variety of attractions, as a guest of Best Western hotels. Enjoy a wonderful night's rest before continuing your journey.
The Rexall Place is the official home of the National Hockey League team, the Edmonton Oilers, the National Lacrosse League team, the Edmonton Rush and the Oil Rush of the Western Hockey League. Kings. The arena opened in 1974, making it one of the older arenas in the National Hockey League. The renovations throughout the years has kept it current.
The legendary Wayne Gretzky, the "greatest hockey player ever", played for the Oilers in the Rexall Place from 1979 through 1988. The Oilers won four Stanley Cups, while Gretzky was on the team. Visit the arena to see the statute outside of Gretzky holding the Stanley Cup. While traveling in Northern Alberta, rest comfortably as a guest of Best Western hotels.
Established in 1998, the South Edmonton Common is located in southern Edmonton in northern Alberta. An open-air retail complex covering over 320 acres – and containing more than 2.3 million square feet of retail space – SEC is one of the largest shopping centers of its kind in North America.
The South Edmonton Common featuring over 100 stores containing everything from fashion to electronics, sporting goods, home and office needs, and health. Restaurants, banks, bars, and more are also found onsite.
Built on the bank of the North Saskatchewan River, Sunridge Ski Area is a snowy getaway at the northeastern edge of Edmonton, Alberta. Just across the river from Rundle Park, the ski area is accessible from 17th Street, at the entrance of the Strathcona Science Park.
Sunridge Ski Area gives skiers of all skill levels their choice of 12 runs, varying in difficulty from beginner couses to Black Diamond trails – known for steep grades of 40% or more. Less experienced skiers can receive lessons from Sunridge instructors on both skiing and snowboarding, while parents with younger children can hit the powder on snow tubes.
The University of Alberta was established in 1908 and is known to be one of Canada's best universities. Located in downtown Edmonton, the university encompasses 50 city blocks in more than 90 buildings with a population of over 38,000 students. In total, there are four campuses in Edmonton, one if Calgary and one in Italy.
Students attend this public research university to pursue an undergraduate or post-graduate degree with a choice in eighteen faculties and two colleges. The Faculty of Arts, Alberta School of Business, Faculty of Engineering and Faculty of Law are just a few available on campus. After touring the campuses, relax in a comfortable Best Western guest room, for an enjoyable night's rest in Northern Alberta.
North America’s largest shopping mall, the West Edmonton Mall – or WEM – is located in northern Alberta in western Edmonton. Also the 10th largest mall in the world, the three-story WEM covers nearly 500,000-square-metres, and features more than 800 stores.
Drawing nearly 30 million annual shoppers, WEM also features family-friendly attractions like Galaxyland, World Waterpark, Sea Life Caverns, and the NHL-regulation Ice Palace.
WEM even includes mini-golf, blowing, pool, arcades, movie theatres, and restaurants – plus themed neighborhoods within the mall like Europa Boulevard, Chinatown, and Bourbon Street.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from Alberta Aviation Museum, see the incredible progress of technology in the past century of flight. Take a guided tour with a group, or plan a self guided, interactive journey through the culture of flight, from the days of wood and fabric to the Jet Age of today.
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from Edmonton Indy Races, newly designed course, this much anticipated return engagement brings an exciting new dimension to motor sports. Alberta's capital becomes a class all its own in the world of Indy Car racing.
- 4.00 kilometer(s) from A Taste of Edmonton, eager foodies anticipate the arrival of this festival every July to indulge their palates with a huge assortment of food and beverages offered up by over 30 Edmonton restaurants.
- 4.00 kilometer(s) from Cariwest Festival, brings the spirit of Caribbean Carnival to the Festival City of Edmonton. The festival is 3 days of fun filled activities! Along with a Colourful Costume Extravaganza, you will also enjoy the sweet sounds of a steel pan, savour the flavour of West Indian Cuisine, and 'jump up' in the streets of Edmonton as you dance alongside the Mas band parade, with Calypso music resonating through your soul!
- 4.00 kilometer(s) from The Works Art & Design Festival, attracts artists and patrons from around the world, boosting the energy and imagination of Downtown Edmonton at the start of every summer.
- 5.00 kilometer(s) from Canadian Finals Rodeo, brings the Wild West to Edmonton. Bucking broncs and cowboys hit Edmonton every November for this world class rodeo.
- 5.00 kilometer(s) from Street Performers Festival, Sir Winston Churchill Square in downtown Edmonton. Features international cast of jugglers, acrobats, hip hop dancers, sword-swallowers, musicians and more.
- 5.00 kilometer(s) from Muttart Conservatory, one of Edmonton’s most iconic structures, offers a year-round escape into the beauty of the world’s plant life.
- 5.00 kilometer(s) from TELUS World of Science, a science centre with IMAX®, Exhibit Galleries, Planetarium, hands-on activities and more.
- 6.00 kilometer(s) from Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival, North America's oldest and largest Fringe Theatre Festival and runs for 11 days of fun in August.
- 6.00 kilometer(s) from Old Strathcona District, live music and theatre, shopping, festivals, restaurants and services, over 600 of Edmonton's coolest businesses.
- 7.00 kilometer(s) from Edmonton Folk Music Festival, staged in beautiful downtown Gallagher Park, happens each year in the second weekend in August.
- 7.00 kilometer(s) from Edmonton Jazz Festival, instills in audiences the appreciation of jazz music as a diverse art form, connecting regional audiences with provincial, national and international jazz artists.
- 10.00 kilometer(s) from Edmonton Valley Zoo, get a little wild! Home to more than 350 animals and focused on conservation, the zoo is your wild home, right in the heart of the city.
- 12.00 kilometer(s) from Fort Edmonton Park, North America’s largest interactive historic park, a place where time has stopped and is waiting for you to experience life as it was through four historical periods.
- 0.10 kilometer(s) from Kingsway Mall, Edmonton's premiere shopping and fashion centre, featuring over 200 stylish stores and cool services that fit any style and every taste.
- 3.00 kilometer(s) from City Centre Mall, is your downtown destination of choice for shopping, dining and enjoying Edmonton's urban centre. Convenient underground parking and a wide selection of stores
- 6.00 kilometer(s) from Old Strathcona Farmers, every Saturday a bustling crowd in the heart of Edmonton's historic Strathcona district unites in an atmosphere of festivity and community. Join other families, friends, foodies, shoppers, and adventure seekers who converge in a historic building to shop for unique hand-made products, enjoy food at the height of its natural harvest time, and connect directly with local farmers who personally transport their goods to your plate.
- 9.00 kilometer(s) from Southgate Mall, South Edmonton’s largest shopping centre and the city’s premier fashion destination.
- 11.00 kilometer(s) from West Edmonton Mall, at 5.3 million square feet, the mall is the size of a small city and is accredited as a zoo. It is home to more than 800 stores and services including nine world-class attractions, two hotels, over 100 dining venues, the widest variety of one-of-a-kind retailers and entertainment for all ages. Average yearly visitation is approximately 28.4 million, making West Edmonton Mall the province's number-one tourist attraction.
- 15.00 kilometer(s) from South Edmonton Common, makes shopping and dining in Edmonton convenient.
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 6.00 kilometer(s) from River Valley, Edmonton, Alberta and the surrounding communities enjoy the privilege of sharing one of the longest urban stretches of River Valley Parkland in an urban area in North America at 7,400 hectares, located along the North Saskatchewan River. There are 22 major parks and over 150 kilometres of trails on which you can enjoy walks, bike rides, picnics, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing and more.
- Tim Hortons, on premise, coffee shop, American, open 24 hours for coffee, hot and cold snacks and meals
- Runway 29 Lounge, on premise, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Runway 29 is a lounge and is not permitted to accommodate minors
BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Edmonton. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Alabama | Alaska | Arizona | Arkansas | California | Colorado | Connecticut | Delaware | Florida | Georgia | Hawaii | Idaho | Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Kansas | Kentucky | Louisiana | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Michigan | Minnesota | Mississippi | Missouri | Montana | Nebraska | Nevada | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New Mexico | New York | North Carolina | North Dakota | Ohio | Oklahoma | Oregon | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | South Carolina | South Dakota | Tennessee | Texas | Utah | Vermont | Virginia | Washington | Washington D.C. | West Virginia | Wisconsin | Wyoming