BEST WESTERN PLUS Sun Country
722 Redcliff Drive SW, Medicine Hat, AB T1A 5E3
Phone: 403/527-3700 | Fax: 403/526-8689 | 122 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Make this convenient and comfortable Medicine Hat hotel your home away from home on your next visit to Alberta, and discover all that the area has to offer - from culture to sports to the world's largest teepee!
BEST WESTERN PLUS Sun Country is just minutes from historic downtown Medicine Hat, where guests can catch a hockey game at the Medicine Hat Arena or visit one of many performing arts venues, some of which are home to the annual Medicine Hat Jazz Fest. Saamis Teepee, the world's tallest teepee, is three kilometers away, while the local Medicine Hat Exhibition and Stampede is host to a range of live entertainment options throughout the year.
This Medicine Hat hotel is centrally located, offering easy access to Highways #1 and #3, as well as the Medicine Hat Airport. We are minutes from Medicine Hat Regional Hospital/Alberta Health Services, as well as some of the area's largest businesses, like the Canadian Forces Base Suffield, Canadian Fertilizers Limited and Goodyear. Skiers and snowboarders love the easy, 65-kilometer commute to Hidden Valley Ski Resort in the Cypress Hills.
The BEST WESTERN PLUS Sun Country is committed to providing the best in customer service and accommodations at an affordable rate. This pet-friendly hotel in Medicine Hat offers spaciously-appointed guest rooms, including business rooms and suites, each with cable satellite television and a LodgeNet Entertainment Center. Guests will enjoy a complimentary full hot breakfast each morning. Additional amenities at this BEST WESTERN PLUS Sun Country include a fitness center, two indoor heated swimming pools with whirlpools, and limited business services.
For superior customer service and a convenient location in Medicine Hat, Alberta, make a reservation at this great Canada hotel today!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Exercise facilities
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- 100 % smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary full breakfast, Choice of breads, Cereal, Fruit, Yogurt, Hot eggs, Hot breakfast meat, Other hot items, Juice, Coffee
- Indoor pool heated two pools on property
- Complimentary full hot breakfast
- Hot tub, two whirpools on property
- Exercise facility, open from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- 24-hour front desk
- Safe deposit box
- Express check out
- Ice/vending machines
- Cold weather hook-ups
- Free parking
- Meeting facilities located in lower level accessible by stairwell
- Audio/visual equipment
- Fax services, nominal fee
- Computer available
- Printer available
- Universal gym
- Laundromat, coin operated, 24 hours
- Late check out, based on availability and subject to charge
- Cable or satellite television
- Business center
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Mail services
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Stationary bike
- Inter/Exter corridor
- Dry cleaning
- Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Airport car 24 hours
- Complimentary newspaper
- Cash machine (ATM)
BEST WESTERN PLUS Sun Country
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus sun country in Medicine Hat.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Sun Country
Conveniently located, the best western plus sun country in Medicine Hat, Alberta is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 50.031915 / Latitude: -110.707685
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The west. On Highway 1 turn right at 7th Street SW and then make a sharp left again. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Sun Country - main view is on your right side next to the Shell gas station.
From: The east. On Highway 1 turn left at 7th Street SW and then make a sharp left again. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Sun Country - main view is on your right side next to the Shell gas station.
From: The south. On Highway 3 turn left at 10th Street SW and continue to the top of the hill. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Sun Country - main view is on your right side next to the Shell gas station.
From: The north. On Highway 1 turn right at 7th Street SW and then make a sharp left again. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Sun Country - main view is on your right side next to the Shell gas station.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Sun Country
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
The city's only indoor soccer field, Cypress Centre Fieldhouse is located on the Medicine Hat Exhibition & Stampede grounds in Medicine Hat, Alberta, three hours southeast of Calgary. With 33,000 square feet of space and overhead doors, the Fieldhouse is a popular location for trade shows, livestock shows, sporting events, and farmers' markets.
The Cypress Centre Fieldhouse is operated by The Medicine Hat Exhibition & Stampede, known as the MHE&S, a not-for-profit volunteer community service organization which provides Medicine Hat with programs and events which would otherwise be cost-restrictive.
Explore one of the premier parks in southern Alberta. Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park, located southeast of Medicine Hat, is comprised of two areas of protected landscape. The park is on the border between Alberta and Saskatchewan. The park's Cypress Hill plateau at an elevation of 1,468 metres, is the highest point in Saskatchewan.
Visitors to this beautiful park enjoy mountain biking and hiking on more than 50 km of trails. Those who enjoy fishing have a choice of dropping a line in Elkwater Lake, Spruce Coulee Reservoir and Ressor Lake in Alberta. The Saskatchewan portion of the park is home to four lakes: Adams, Harris Loch Leven and Coulee Lake.
Also known as the Gas City, Downtown Medicine Hat is a fun place for visitors to spend time. Located in southern Alberta, along the South Saskatchewan River, Medicine Hat features a variety of art, shopping, restaurants and culture. While visiting downtown, be sure to stroll through the Esplanade Arts and Heritage Centre.
Many year-round festivals, sporting events, art exhibits and theater performances make Medicine Hat an ideal city for visitors. A variety of outdoor recreation is within minutes of Medicine Hat. Schedule plenty of time for an enjoyable afternoon of fishing or walking the trails, at Echo Dale Regional Park before leaving town.
Plan for an outdoor excursion in Alberta. Echo Dale Regional Park attracts many Medicine Hat visitors who enjoy spending time outdoors. As the largest of the city parks, Echo Dale Regional Park provides a wonderful area for recreational fun. Whether you walk along the park trails or swim and boat in the Echo Dale Swim Lake, there is plenty of fun to be had.
Situated along the shores of the Saskatchewan River Valley in southern Alberta, this large city park continues to be a local favorite. Take a break from watching the kids play on the playground equipment for a tasty picnic lunch. Be sure to tour the Historic farm site to round out a busy day.
Enjoy local art and culture on your next trip to Alberta. The Esplanade Arts and Heritage Centre in Medicine Hat features galleries of art, theater performances and historical displays. Stroll through the Centre to view the variety of art in the exhibitions or partake in a workshop or program to learn more about the art.
Be sure to schedule enough time to enjoy all of the facets of this wonderful southern Alberta Centre. Whether enjoying an afternoon ballet in the Theatre or spending time in the Archives and Museum, there is plenty to do. The Discovery Center and Education Outreach Programs offer a wealth of information.
Located in the 150-acre Historic Clay District, Medalta Potteries is a Medicine Hat must see. It is one of the premier destinations for ceramic beehive kilns. Visitors to this National Historic Site enjoy touring the Museum and viewing the Kiln Room excavation.
The art classes are a wonderful opportunity for kids to paint, draw and create a piece of ceramic art. This southern Alberta state-of-the-art studio facility continues to be a working studio where Retro Medalta pottery is crafted and sold in the gift shop.
Located along the South Saskatchewan River, Medicine Hat Arena is a multi-use venue where the Western Hockey League Medicine Hat Tigers play hockey. The 4,006-seat arena is ideal for sports, events and concerts. Opened in 1970, Medicine Hat Arena on Ashe Avenue, just minutes from downtown Medicine Hat.
While in the "Gas City," schedule enough time for a day at the Medicine Hat Family Leisure Centre. Families love splashing around in this fun, indoor aquatic center. No matter the reason for the visit, be sure to make the most of your next stay in Medicine Hat – the Medicine Hat Arena is sure to be the launching site for great events.
Plan your next visit to Alberta and be sure to visit the Medicine Hat Exhibition & Stampede. Featuring rodeo events every year, for more than 100 years, this is a staple of fun and tourism in southern Alberta. Visitors to Medicine Hat in July are treated to loads of family fun.
Kids love the animal exhibitions and the midway rides. The Calgary Stampede and rodeo competitions remain a popular attraction for everyone. Schedule plenty of time to see it all. The Pioneer Village and variety of entertainment round out the options for a fun day at the fairgrounds.
Bring the whole family to Alberta. The Medicine Hat Family Leisure Centre is a wonderful southern Alberta indoor aquatic and skating center. The family is sure to enjoy all-day fun! The Kinsmen Aquatic Centre is perfect for swimming laps, riding waves in the wave pool, sliding down the Rip 'n Rattler waterslide, getting wet in the splash zone and lounging in the hot tub.
Lace up your ice skates or hockey skates for cool times on the ice in Encana Arena. Schedule time for a workout in the Fitness Room, offering cardio and strength training equipment or join in one of the aqua workout classes. After working up an appetite, visit the Riverboat Cafe for a tasty snack or meal. There are few better way to experience Medicine Hat with the family.
Plan a trip to Alberta and bring your clubs along for the ride. The Medicine Hat Golf and Country Club has been an established golf course in Medicine Hat since 1914. Golfers enjoy playing through the par-72, 18-hole course for a day of fun on the greens.
Take your time practicing your swing at the driving range and practice areas before starting on the course. Visit the Pro Shop to browse the selection of clothing, equipment, clubs and accessories or sign up for a lesson with one of the instructors. Enjoy a beautiful Southern Alberta day on the course – make the most of your visit to Medicine Hat.
A shopper's delight, the Medicine Hat Mall is a must-visit attraction in Alberta. With Zeller's, Sears, The Bay, Safeway and the Cineplex Odeon anchoring the Mall, plus more than 100 stores, there is a wonderful variety of shopping available. This wonderful Medicine Hat mall boasts to be the largest shopping center in southern Alberta.
Schedule plenty of time for exploring the shops and be sure to bring your appetite. From Tim Horton's, Vanelli's to Orange Julius, the food choices offer something for everyone. Whether getting a hair cut, shopping for a gift or looking for something new, have fun at the Mall.
A paved oval Bullring track, the Medicine Hat Speedway is a 1/3 mile racing venue – ideal for any visit to southern Alberta. This Medicine Hat is a unique track in that it is owned and operated by its members as a part of the Medicine Hat Auto Racing Association. The members volunteer to help maintain the track.
Spend a fun day at the speedway from early May through most of September watching the mini stocks, bombers and street stock races. The new Renegade Truck Class will thrill fans this season, as they watch full-size trucks speed along the track.
Not far from Medicine Hat, Red Rock Coulee is an area in southern Alberta featuring unique red rock boulders. Some of the boulders measure 2.5 meters across and are among the world's largest. View these intriguing formations up close from one of the many hiking trails or from the comfort of your car.
Years of water erosion has created a badlands landscape with beautiful color variations in the bedrock. After a fun day of exploring these sandstone concretions, travel approximately 60 miles to Medicine Hat to enjoy even more top attractions, and always-fun entertainment.
A unique adventure in Alberta, the Sage Brush Trail Rides offer a wonderful opportunity to explore the beautiful southern Alberta landscape in the Medicine Hat area. Be sure to bring your camera to capture the picturesque countryside while on your horseback journey. Whether you choose the Cypress Hills Trail Ride, the Writing on Stone Trail Ride or the Lindburgh Iron Horse Trail Ride, you'll have a great time.
Sage Brush Trail Rides also sleigh rides during the winter and summer-time horse drawn carriage rides. Relax, as you canter along during the guided trail ride and enjoy your time outdoors. There are many ways to enjoy a visit to Medicine Hat – check out the Sage Brush Trail Rides for one of the most impressive and unique.
South Saskatchewan River
For more than 1,300 kilometers, the South Saskatchewan River flows through the city of Medicine Hat. The river begins at the Saskatchewan River Forks where the North Saskatchewan and the South Saskatchewan rivers are joined. In the early 20th century, the river would freeze in the winter, causing major flooding.
Once the Gardiner Dam was built in the 1960s, the river water was diverted into the Qu'Appelle River, lessening the flow of water.
This southern Alberta river provides wonderful recreational opportunities for those who enjoy spending time outside. Whether rafting, fishing, canoeing or boating, have a great time on the river.
Located on the Milk River, Writing-on-Stone Provincial Park is set in southern Alberta – just over two hours southwest of Medicine Hat. Covering 17.80 square kilometres, the park safeguards both a nature preserve and assortments of aboriginal petroglyphs.
An Áísínai’pi National Historic Site of Canada – meaning a UNESCO World Heritage Site – Writing-on-Stone Provincial Park features bird-watching, nature viewing, and walking trails. Founded in 1957, the park contains the most expansive concentration of First Nation rock carvings in North America’s great plains.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 3.00 kilometer(s) from Saamis Teepee, world's tallest tee pee
- 8.00 kilometer(s) from City Hall, in the heart of Downtown Medicine Hat
- 8.00 kilometer(s) from The Arena, WHL Hockey rink
- 10.00 kilometer(s) from Esplanade, museum, art gallery & musical theatre
- 10.00 kilometer(s) from Medicine Hat Jazz Fest, one of Alberta's best jazz festivals held the last week of June
- 10.00 kilometer(s) from Echo Dale Farm, animals, pioneer demonstrations, and activities. There is also the Woolfrey House, an 1880's two-story log house.
- 10.00 kilometer(s) from Historic Downtown, shopping, gifts, restaurants, banks & travel agencies
- 10.00 kilometer(s) from Medicine Hat Mall, over 100 shops & services
- 12.00 kilometer(s) from Costco
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 100 kilometer(s) from Brooks
- 146 kilometer(s) from Wild Horse Border, USA
- 168 kilometer(s) from Lethbridge
- 200 kilometer(s) from Strathmore
- 214 kilometer(s) from Coutts Border, USA
- 217 kilometer(s) from Swift Current, SK
- 298 kilometer(s) from Calgary
- 396 kilometer(s) from Great Falls, MT
- 2.00 kilometer(s) from Alberta Health Services, Medicine Hat Regional Hospital
- 8.00 kilometer(s) from Medicine Hat College
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 4.00 kilometer(s) from Moose Recreation Centre, ice hockey rink
- 5.00 kilometer(s) from Cottonwood Coulee, beautiful executive Par 3 golf course
- 8.00 kilometer(s) from Athletic Park, home to the Medicine Hat Maverick's BaseballTeam
- 8.00 kilometer(s) from Kin Coulee Park, playground, picnic area & baseball diamonds
- 8.00 kilometer(s) from Lions Park, picnic areas, boating, baseball diamonds, tennis court and walking paths
- 10.00 kilometer(s) from Riverside Park, Fountains, walking path and murals by James Marshall
- 10.00 kilometer(s) from Golf & Country Club, one of Medicine Hat's finest courses
- 10.00 kilometer(s) from Family Leisure Centre, wave pool, waterslide, ice skating, soccer field & football field
- 10.00 kilometer(s) from Hockey Hounds Recreation Centre, ice hockey rink
- 10.00 kilometer(s) from Echo Dale Park, offers swimming, non-motorized boating on a manmade lake, fishing, a boat launch to river, hiking, programs, group camping and a meeting facility area
- 65.00 kilometer(s) from Hidden Valley Ski Hill, snoasis of the prairie, Cypress Hills Provincial Park, Elkwater, Alberta.
- No matter what you're in the mood for, there are plenty of restaurants in Medicine Hat near the BEST WESTERN PLUS Sun Country.
- Adjacent to Tumbleweeds Restaurant, full service, steak house, open for: dinner, excellent food and service.
- Adjacent to PetroCanada, coffee shop, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, best home cooked food around.
- Across the street from Rustlers' Corral, full service, steak house, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, we age & cut our own steaks.
- 0.50 kilometer(s) from ABC Country Restaurant, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, everything from eggs to steak. Recently renovated in 2008.
- 0.50 kilometers(s) from McDonald's®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 0.50 kilometer(s) from Subway®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 1.50 kilometer(s) from Whiskey Creek, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, great pub food and a comfortable atmosphere.
- 2.00 kilometer(s) from A & W, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
BEST WESTERN PLUS Sun Country
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Medicine Hat. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2015 Calgary Oktoberfest
Experience delicous Bavarian treats for two days at the Upper Big Four Building in Calgary, also set to include live music, contests, games, and more. Event times vary by day and event type. This event is 18+.
2015 Alberta Culture Days
All throughout Alberta, communities will celebrate Culture Days, and Banff is no different. Enjoy exciting events, live performances, heritage interpretation, and more at various venues throughout Banff.
2015 Calgary Rocky Mountain Wine & Food Festival
Now in its 18th year, this festival is set to include an impressive selection of fine wines, handcrafted regional brews, gourmet dishes, and plenty more from some of Calgary's favorite restaurants. The event will be hosted at the Grand Tasting Hall.
Alabama | Alaska | Arizona | Arkansas | California | Colorado | Connecticut | Delaware | Florida | Georgia | Hawaii | Idaho | Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Kansas | Kentucky | Louisiana | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Michigan | Minnesota | Mississippi | Missouri | Montana | Nebraska | Nevada | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New Mexico | New York | North Carolina | North Dakota | Ohio | Oklahoma | Oregon | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | South Carolina | South Dakota | Tennessee | Texas | Utah | Vermont | Virginia | Washington | Washington D.C. | West Virginia | Wisconsin | Wyoming