- HOTEL INFORMATION
- MAP & DIRECTIONS
- ATTRACTIONS & DINING
- LOCAL INTEREST
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites
86 Freeport Boulevard NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5J9
Phone: 403/264-9650 Fax: 403/264-9651 97 Rooms
Check In Time: 3:00 PM Check Out: 11:00 AM
Discover all there is to see and do in Calgary from the comfort of this stylish BEST WESTERN hotel near the Calgary Airport, Calgary Stampede and more!
Located only three kilometers from the Calgary International Airport, the conveniently located BEST WESTERN PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites makes it easy to experience all that Calgary has to offer. Experience the excitement of the rodeo at the annual Calgary Stampede, or take in views of the city from the iconic Calgary Tower. Hit the links at the nearby Harvest Hills Golf Course or enjoy a relaxing stroll at Devonian Gardens or Princes Island Park. Shop to your heart's content at Cross Iron Mills or Market Mall, both just a short drive from this Calgary hotel. Outdoor lovers will delight in visiting Banff National Park, Canada's first national park.
Traveling on business? The BEST WESTERN PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites boasts a short commute to major corporations such as Toromont Energy Services, Cardel Place, Shaw Cablesystems, Suncor, Purolator Courier, ExxonMobil and British Petroleum. A perfect event space in Calgary, this Alberta hotel offers business services and flexible meeting facilities that can accommodate up to 115 guests.
The only BEST WESTERN PREMIER in Alberta, this new Calgary hotel boasts modern luxury throughout. The spacious accommodations offer abundant amenities, including cable satellite television with in-room movies, high-speed Internet access, desk, coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator and more. Guests can get a wonderful start to each day with a complimentary breakfast, and they can unwind after a long day in the indoor heated pool with waterslide and hot tub. Additional Calgary hotel amenities include a state-of-the-art fitness center and a relaxing onsite bar and grille.
For a memorable visit to Calgary, AB, contact our friendly staff to reserve a stay at the BEST WESTERN PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites today!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, made to order omelette station, Belgian waffle station, fresh berries, hot breakfast meat, hash browns, yogurt, fresh squeezed orange juice and fresh baked pastries
- Indoor pool, heated, waterslide, swimming
- Hot tub
- Exercise facility, Open from to
- Universal gym
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Foreign currency exchange, USD exchange available only
- Guest laundry, nominal fee
- Laundromat, coin operated
- Dry cleaning
- Express check out
- Late check out, extra charge may apply
- Cable or satellite television
- Car rental desk, Zoom Rent A Car
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless Internet access; All guest rooms are hardwired for Internet access
- Business center
- Printer available
- Fax services, accessible at front desk
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Mail services
- Meeting facilities, 1028 sq feet, can divide into two rooms
- Conference facilities, board room 355 sq feet and seats 14 people
- Convenience store/Sundry
- Physically challenged facilities
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged, 24 hours, free
- Cold weather hook-ups
- Ice/vending machines
- Local shuttle
- Airport car, 24 hours
- Gift shop or newsstand
- Outdoor parking, 24 hours, free, Fees apply for long stays.
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Storage space
- Sleep & Fly rate offers seven days of free parking and shuttle to and from the airport.
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western premier freeport inn & suites in Calgary.
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites
Conveniently located, the best western premier freeport inn & suites in Calgary, Alberta is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 51.150895 / Latitude: -114.010645
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The north. From Highway 2, AB-2 South. Take Exit 268 for Country Hills Boulevard. Turn left at Country Hills Boulevard NE 1.3 kilometers. Turn right at Barlow Trail NE 400 meters. Turn right at Freeport Boulevard NE. The BEST WESTERN PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites will be on the right 170 meters.
From: The west. Trans-Canada Higway-AB-1 East. Turn left onto the AB-2 N-Deerfoot Trail N ramp, merge onto AB-2 N 9.1 kilometers. Take Exit 268 for Country Hills Boulevard 950 meters merge onto Country Hills Boulevard NE 800 meters. Turn right at Barlow Trail NE 400 meters. Turn right at Freeport Boulevard NE. The BEST WESTERN PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites will be on the right 170 meters.
From: The east. Trans-Canada Highway-AB-1 West. Take the AB-2 N-Deerfoot Trail N, merge onto Deerfoot Trail-AB-2 N 9.1 kilometers. Take Exit 268 for Country Hills Boulevard 950 meters, merge onto Country Hills Boulevard NE 800 meters. Turn right at Barlow Trail NE 400 meters. Turn right at Freeport Boulevard NE. The BEST WESTERN PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites will be on the right 170 meters.
From: The south. Deerfoot Trail-AB-2 North. Take Exit 268 for Country Hills Boulevard merge onto Country Hills Boulevard NE 800 meters. Turn right at Barlow Trail NE 400 meters. Turn right at Freeport Boulevard NE. The BEST WESTERN PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites will be on the right 170 meters.
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
The Calgary Exhibition & Stampede is an incredible, annual summer-time event, filled with western heritage and rodeo fun. Bring the entire family to "The Greatest Outdoor Show On Earth" and be ready for ten days of exciting events at Stampede Park in Calgary. From Rodeo events, to music concerts to the agriculture showcase, the Stampeded has it all.
The Calgary Stampede has hosted fabulous rodeo events since 1912. Be sure to start the experience off on the right foot, by cheering on the floats, bands and riders in the Calgary Stampede Parade. Then, find your favorite seat in the Grandstand to watch the rodeo excitement unfold. The Country Music, Midway rides, food and games round out the festivities at the Stampede. Stay close to the action in a comfortable Best Western guest room and enjoy your time in Calgary.
Calgary Stampede Park, located in Calgary, is the site of the annual Calgary Stampede, "The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth". If traveling in Southern Alberta, at the end of July, visit the Stampede Park, to partake in this exciting ten-day rodeo event. Western heritage continues each year with the Stampede's parade, variety of events, concerts and Midway fun.
Stampede Park also hosts many year-round events, including trade shows in the 265,000 square-foot BMO Centre, intimate weddings in the Rotary House and meetings in the Big Four Building. The Grandstand and the Big Top Show Ring also host amazing live performances. While in Calgary, stay in one of the several Best Western hotels to enjoy comfortable accommodations and excellent guest services.
The Calgary Tower stands at 191 meters tall, offering incredible views of downtown and surrounding Calgary. The tower opened in June 1968, and houses the world's tallest 360 degree observation deck. It was built to honor the Canada's centennial year (1967) and its construction was considered "an amazing feat of technical and physical workmanship". In 1989, the tower became a member of the World Federation of Great Towers.
While traveling in Southern Alberta, be sure to schedule time to visit this incredible tower. Take the elevator ride to the observation deck, in just over a minute, to the see the breath-taking birds-eye views of the city. Enjoy a delicious meal at Sky 360 and be amazed as it slowly revolves once every 45 minutes. Stay close to downtown Calgary in a comfortable Best Western guest room and enjoy excellent guest services.
The Calgary Zoo was established in 1929, once the Calgary Zoological Society was formed. The Zoo is located in the heart of Calgary, along the Bow River. The thirty-six mammals and seventy-eight birds at the start, were later joined by coyotes, bears, timber wolves, lynx and a polar bear. The Zoo made headlines in 1939, when "Buster" the sea lion got out of his habitat and swam in the Bow River. Throughout the years, the Zoo expanded with additional habitats, buildings, animals and an animal hospital.
This Association of Zoos and Aquariums Zoo, features a wonderful variety of exhibits. Enjoy strolling through the Zoo's Prehistoric Park, Destination Africa, South America, Eurasia, Canadian Wilds, Enmax Conservatory and Botanical Gardens. Kids love crawling through the tunnels at the Kinsmen ZooVenture Playground and riding the Wildlife Carousel at the Calgary Co-Op Kids Zone. Everyone enjoys the numerous daily programs scheduled throughout the day at the Zoo and the year-round special events are not to be missed. Stay close to the Zoo in a comfortable Best Western guest room and enjoy your time in Southern Alberta.
While visiting the vibrant city of Calgary, take time to unwind in one of North America's largest parks. Fish Creek Provincial Park, located south of downtown Calgary, is a haven for those seeking outdoor fun. Lace up your comfortable shoes for strolling along over 100km of hiking trails or bring your bicycle for cruising along the paved or single-track bike trails. Bring your fishing gear to fish for trout in the Bow River or use the boat ramp for a day of fun on Sikome Lake.
Park visitors enjoy a day of swimming in the lake and relaxing on the beach. Stop by the Bow Valley Ranch Visitor Centre to view the exhibits and learn more about the park. Take a break for a delicious meal at the Ranche Restaurant or satisfy your sweet tooth with a tasty dessert from Annie's Bakery & Cafe. Schedule plenty of time at this wonderful twelve-mile long park. While traveling in Southern Alberta, choose Best Western hotels for convenient and comfortable accommodations.
Fort Calgary was a pine and spruce log fort built in 1875, at the confluence of the Bow and Elbow Rivers. The original name of the fort was Fort Brisebois, after Commander Brisebois. It was built to force the whiskey traders out of the area, which is now Calgary. The fort was renamed in 1876 by James MacLeod, after a castle at Calgary Bay in Scotland.
The fort was demolished in 1914, when the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway used the land to build their rail terminal. A team of archaeologists from the University of Calgary unearthed some of the fort's original wood beams in 1969 and 1970. The 40-acre site has been a National Historic Site since 1974. Stay close to Calgary's many attractions, as a guest of Best Western hotels. Enjoy your time in Southern Alberta.
The Scotiabank Saddledome is a multi-purpose facility, located near downtown Calgary and twenty minutes from the Calgary International Airport. Since its opening in 1983, the Saddledome has hosted many events including the 1988 Olympic Winter Games. Currently, the facility is home to the Calgary Flames hockey team, the Calgary Hitmen junior hockey team and the National Lacrosse League team, the Calgary Roughnecks.
A variety of events, concerts, conventions and sports are hosted at the Saddledome. Superstar Reba McEntire sold out the Saddledome in her 1995 performance. Crowd-pleasing visitors include, the 2005 visit by Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip and the 2009 visit by His Holiness the Dalai Lama.
The facility's state-of-the-art technology, seating and flexibility make it a Southern Alberta mainstay. Stay close to the action in a comfortable Best Western guest room and enjoy excellent guest services.
Shaw Millennium Park is a skatepark on the western side of downtown Calgary. The park is located on the site of the former Mewata Stadium, where the Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League used to play. With beginner, intermediate and expert areas covering 75,000 square feet, there's plenty of surfaces. Kids of all ages love to practice their skating skills on the rails, ledges, stairs, full halfpipe, flatbars and street course.
Schedule plenty of time for a fun day in Calgary, by visiting the adjacent Telus World of Science. Kids love learning about science through the museum's interactive exhibits and educational demonstrations. While in town, check into one of the area Best Western hotels for comfortable accommodations, before continuing on your Southern Alberta journey.
Show horse jumping competitions in the Southern Alberta city of Calgary, has been around since 1975. Spruce Meadows equestrian facility has delighted horse fans since opening in April 1975, south of downtown Calgary. By 1979, the attendance at this wonderful 360-acre facility grew to 50,000. In 1982, the number of tournaments increased to four to include the National, Canada One, North American and Masters tournaments.
Throughout the years, Spruce Meadows continued its improvements and additions. In 2001, the Canadian Event Industries Awards voted Spruce Meadows to be the "Best Sporting Venue". Whether attending one of the year-round tournaments, fishing in the pond, picnicking on the grounds of the park, touring the horse stables or strolling through the International Christmas Market held at the park, there is plenty to do. While in town, choose one of the local Best Western hotels to enjoy a wonderful night's rest.
Telus Spark is an incredible science center located in downtown Calgary, near the Calgary Zoo. This Southern Alberta gem inspires its visitors to have fun while learning about science, art and technology. The center features more than one hundred exhibits in its four Galleries, in addition to a variety of demonstrations and programs. Be sure to check out the Prototype Lab, where concepts are tested, discover what it means to be human in the Being Human exhibit and explore the Energy & Innovation exhibit to learn more about the power of energy transformation.
Kids love the Creative Kids Museum where they dive into hands-on activities, climb the giant climbing structure and get wet in the water play area. Be sure to schedule time for one of the science demonstrations and live theatre programs, featured in the Presentation Theatre. The high-definition theatre presentations in the HD Digital Dome Theatre are a must-see. Take a break from inside to enjoy the four-acre Outdoor Park and grab a bite to eat from the Cafe. There's plenty to learn and discover at this one-of-a-kind Calgary attraction. At the end of a fun-filled day, choose one of the several Best Western hotels, for a wonderful night's rest.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 6.00 kilometer(s) from Cardel Place, Family recreation and sport centre
- 8.00 kilometer(s) from Aero Space Museum, discover stories of trailblazers dreaming of flight and pioneers adapting aircraft for trade and recreation.
- 17.00 kilometer(s) from Calgary Zoo, takes you to see over 1,000 animals from around the world. Relax in the new ENMAX Conservatory’s lush gardens or seasonal butterfly display
- 17.50 kilometer(s) from Glenbow Museum, is Western Canada’s largest museum and our unique role as both a museum and art gallery means visitors can enjoy world-renowned art and fascinating historical exhibitions all under one roof.
- 18.80 kilometer(s) from Telus World of Science, amazing hands-on experience designed for curious families. Engaging and interactive exhibit areas. Creative Kids Museum where you’ll find extraordinary exhibits and programs that feature music, drama, fine arts, perception and your child’s endless creativity.
- 18.80 kilometer(s) from Calgary Tower, Calgary adventure 160 meters (that’s 525 feet) in the air! Rising from the downtown core is the iconic Calgary Tower. You will be greeted to a 360° panoramic view of the bustling city and the spectacular scenery of the prairies rolling to the majestic Rocky Mountains.
- 19.00 kilometer(s) from Calgary Stampede, annual world-renowned ten day stampede rodeo
- 30.00 kilometer(s) from Heritage Park, how the west was once. Canada’s largest living history museum
- 36.00 kilometer(s) from Calaway Park, open seasonally. Features rides, games, restaurants and stage shows
- 10.00 kilometer(s) from Cross Iron Mills, Calgary's largest and newest indoor mall with a large variety of shops and restaurants.
- 11.50 kilometer(s) from Sunridge Mall, large indoor mall located in the northeast quadrant of the city with a variety of chain and independent stores.
- 17.00 kilometer(s) from Market Mall, Calgary's largest mall in the northwest quadrant of the city, with a variety of chain and independent stores.
- 19.00 kilometer(s) from TD Square, Calgary's best downtown shopping center with an expansion in process.
- 25.00 kilometer(s) from Chinook Center, one of Calgary's premiere shopping centers with a large expansion in process. Over 350 stores and restaurants.
- 30.00 kilometer(s) from Southcentre, one of Calgary's larger malls located in the south section of the city.
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 18.00 kilometer(s) from Airdrie
- 27.00 kilometer(s) from Chestemere
- 42.00 kilometer(s) from Cochrane
- 57.00 kilometer(s) from Okotoks
- 85.00 kilometer(s) from Turner Valley
- 116 kilometer(s) from Canmore
- 120 kilometer(s) from Drumheller
- 130 kilometer(s) from Red Deer
- 141 kilometer(s) from Banff
- 223 kilometer(s) from Lethbridge
- 282 kilometer(s) from Edmonton
- 299 kilometer(s) from Medicine Hat
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from Toromont Energy Services, Energy Service Company
- 5.30 kilometer(s) from Cardel Place, a place where one’s social, emotional, spiritual, mental and physical needs can be met under one roof. Offering a wide variety of structured and unstructured health and lifestyle opportunities for individuals, families and entire communities.
- 8.00 kilometer(s) from Shaw CableSystems, Telecomunication
- 9.00 kilometer(s) from Purolator Courier, Mailing Services
- 17.00 kilometer(s) from SAIT Polytechnic, major college
- 18.00 kilometer(s) from Bow Valley College, major college
- 20.00 kilometer(s) from University of Calgary, major university
- 30.00 kilometer(s) from Mount Royal University, major university
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Hot tub
- 4.00 kilometer(s) from Harvest Hills Golf Course, this superb regulation-length, championship course with 68 bunkers and water hazards coming into play on seven holes, offers players of all levels an exciting and motivating adventure throughout this nine-hole course. The golf center at Harvest Hills provides a complete practice and teaching facility that features a unique 300-yard, outdoor, year-round driving range with target greens, sand traps and a creek.
- 9.60 kilometer(s) from McCall Lake Golf Course, is a 27-hole facility located in SCOREGolf's Alberta Calgary. The highest rated golf course at this facility scored 6.5000 making it an excellent local course.
- 11.60 kilometer(s) from Eagle Quest Golf Dome, focuses on being accessible to the golfing public. We have some of the golf industry’s best programs for new golfers, women and juniors. We’ve also become a favorite place for the more advanced golfer to hone his or her golf game at our driving ranges, or under the watchful eye of one of our teaching pros.
- 17.40 kilometer(s) from Sait, recreation has a wide range of programs and facilities for not only staff and students, but to the public.
- 17.80 kilometer(s) from Devonian Gardens, one of the world's largest indoor parks. A favorite destination for local and international tourists, downtown workers, and Calgarians too. It is also a venue for special events, corporate functions and weddings.
- 18.60 kilometer(s) from Princes Island Park, is an urban park in the city of Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The park offers several picnic sites, playgrounds, pathways, hiking trails, large art sculptures, flower gardens, water fountains and a cafe. This park is a great place to escape the downtown pace, you'll see a lot of people enjoying lunch breaks. Several festivals and events are also held here each year.
- 18.70 kilometer(s) from Talisman Centre, over 10,000 square feet of fitness centre including cardio and weight training space.
- 27.00 kilometer(s) from Canada Olympic Park COP, world renowned Home of the 1988 Winter Olympics. Used both for high performance athletic training and for recreational purposes by the general public.
- 30.00 kilometer(s) from Indoor Tennis Academy, is the most prominent and recognized tennis academy in the Calgary and Alberta region. It is the largest tennis facility in Alberta. The academy is a public facility open seven days a week to members and the general public.
- There are many delicious dining options within minutes of this Calgary hotel.
- Across the street from Pacini Pasta & Grill, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, Pacini is an Italian-style restaurant catering to those with a more refined palate. A table at Pacini is a guarantee for great food enjoyed in a great atmosphere in the best Italian tradition.
- 4.00 kilometer(s) from Woodys Taphouse, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Woodys has tasty, affordable specials to suit everyone each night of the week.
- 4.00 kilometer(s) from Tim Hortons, coffee shop, American, open for: breakfast, lunch
- 4.00 kilometer(s) from Amicis Italian Grill, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, great food and service. 2 for 1 pizza on Monday's and 2 for 1 pasta on Wednesdays. Plus, you can eat great Italian food for a decent price!
- 7.30 kilometer(s) from Moxies Bar and Grill, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, great restaurant with a variety of American and international favorite foods.
- 8.80 kilometer(s) from Cattle Baron, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Calgary's premiere casual steakhouse, the Cattle Baron offers our guests the finest quality Alberta beef, carefully selected wines, and world famous western hospitality and service. Using the freshest ingredients and homemade recipes passed on for all to enjoy.
- 8.80 kilometer(s) from Cactus Club Northeast, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Cactus Club is the leading casual fine dining restaurant concept in Canada. Globally inspired menu, addictive flavors and commitment to service will keep you going back for more.
- 9.00 kilometer(s) from Boston Pizza, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, offers more than just pizza at this casual but always happenin' eatery.
- 9.00 kilometer(s) from Joey Tomatos Northeast, full service, Mediterranean, open for: lunch, dinner, at Joeys you will find a globally inspired menu with bold, fresh thinking on classic fare, addictive takes on global dishes and exceptional taste in signature items that you just won’t find anywhere else. It's all diverse, original and habit forming.
- 9.00 kilometer(s) from Earls Northeast, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, smart service, infectious ambiance and fresh vibe. We create an environment where you and your friends can feel at home. Addictive flavors and fresh dishes that keep you craving another bite of the earls’ experience.
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Calgary. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2013 Calgary International Children's Festival
Held at Epcor Centre for the Performing Arts and Olympic Plaza in Calgary.
2013 Banff National Park Bike Fest
Held at Banff National Park in Banff.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean