BEST WESTERN Wayside Inn
4103 56th Street, Wetaskiwin, AB T9A 1V2
Phone: 780/312-7300 | Fax: 780/312-7302 | 28 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 4:00 PM | Online Reservations
Located in the historic town of Wetaskiwin, the BEST WESTERN Wayside Inn combines small-town comfort with modern-day amenities. Whether your travels are for business or leisure, you're sure to find just what you need at this Wetaskiwin hotel.
You'll find plenty to keep you busy during your stay in Wetaskiwin. History buffs can pass hours on end at one of the town's many museums. Learn about the "Spirit of the Machine" at the Reynolds-Alberta Museum. Within walking distance from the BEST WESTERN Wayside Inn, this museum contains thousands of aviation, transportation and agricultural artifacts. Other local attractions include Canada's Aviation Hall of Fame, the Wetaskiwin & District Museum and the Alberta Central Railway Museum.
Wetaskiwin offers plenty of ways to take in the great outdoors - from walking paths through historic downtown to scenic golf courses. It's only a short drive to Pigeon Lake's Ma Me O Beach, a popular summer escape. And each year, country music fans flock to the Big Valley Jamboree, which draws some of country's biggest names.
Centrally located between Edmonton and Red Deer, this Alberta hotel offers modern convention and banquet services that can be customized for a group of three to 300 in one of several meeting rooms. Our professional staff will cater to your group's every need.
Our on-site restaurant, O'Brian's, offers casual family dining in a relaxed atmosphere. Barney's, the BEST WESTERN Wayside Inn's pub, let's guests kick back at the end of the day with upscale pub fare, video gaming machines, off-track betting and keno.
The BEST WESTERN Wayside Inn is one of the most accessible hotels in Wetaskiwin, conveniently located on Highway 2A, Wetaskiwin's Auto Mile. Other conveniences include an on-site exercise room, free wireless Internet and a business center. We are also among Wetaskiwin's pet-friendly hotels!
Book your stay at the BEST WESTERN Wayside Inn today and discover all that this Wetaskiwin hotel has to offer!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Restaurant on-site
- Bar on-site
- Coffee shop
- 24-hour front desk
- Banking, ATM
- Complimentary newspaper
- Exercise facility
- Universal gym
- Game room, video gaming machines
- Safe deposit box
- Ice/vending machines
- Children's activities
- Cold weather hook-ups
- Truck/RV parking
- Free parking
- Meeting facilities
- Banquet facilities
- Fax services
- Photocopy services
- Conference services
- Interior corridor
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; free in-room wireless Internet access; free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms, high-speed Internet access
- Conference facilities
- High-speed Internet access
BEST WESTERN Wayside Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western wayside inn in Wetaskiwin.
BEST WESTERN Wayside Inn
Conveniently located, the best western wayside inn in Wetaskiwin, Alberta is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 52.962035 / Latitude: -113.389795
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Edmonton. Take Highway 2 south to the Highway 2A turn off on the outskirts of Leduc. Proceed approximately 30 minutes south. The BEST WESTERN Wayside Inn is located on the left side of the highway with in the city limits of Wetaskiwin.
From: Red Deer. Take Highway 2 north to the Highway 2A turnoff. Proceed north approximately 30 minutes. The BEST WESTERN Wayside Inn is located on the right side of the highway with in the city limits of Wetaskiwin.
From: Camrose. Take Highway 13 west to the Highway 2A turnoff. Proceed left (south) appoximately three kilometers. The BEST WESTERN Wayside Inn is on the left side of the highway with in the city limits of Wetaskiwin.
From: Ma Me O Beach. Take Highway 13 east to the Highway 2A turnoff. Proceed left (north) approximately two blocks. The BEST WESTERN Wayside Inn is located on the right side of the highway with in the city limits of Wetaskiwin.
BEST WESTERN Wayside Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Big Valley Jamboree is a fun-filled four-day music festival in Camrose. Since 1993, music fans from around the world, have flocked to the Big Valley Jamboree to listen to their favorite country music artists perform on stage. The Jamboree was voted the Country Music Event of the Year, five times throughout the years by the Canadian Country Music Association.
Plan to attend this incredible event, not only to hear the biggest country music stars sing, but for the tradeshow, fun in the casino and the songwriters workshop. Grab your pen and paper and hang out in the autograph tent to meet your favorite performer in person. There's plenty to do in this 400-acre mini village. Make the most of your time in Northern Alberta, by becoming a guest of Best Western hotels and enjoy a peaceful night's rest.
Covering 251 acres, the Edmonton International Raceway is located in northern Alberta in Wetaskiwin – a suburb of Edmonton. Formerly Speedway Park, the raceway features Test Drive & Race School Certificates, and is ideal for birthdays and corporate events.
Amateur racers can try the Osman Auction Nascar Feature Stocks, and the Osman Auction Future Stocks for kids. Other races include the Lanko Glass Hit To Pass, Nascar Modifieds, Evolution Racing Mini Cups, and Nascar Thunder Cars.
The Reynolds-Alberta Museum, located in Wetaskiwin, has featured an expansive collection of aviation, transportation and agricultural artifacts since opening in 1992. Visit the museum to see the wonderful collection of automobiles, aircraft, motorcycles, bicycles and tractors. Enjoy a day touring this wonderful Northern Alberta museum and grounds.
Stroll through the Aviation Display Hangar, browse the Canada's Aviation Hall of Fame, the "Highway Through Time" and view the world's oldest dragline, a 1917 Bucyrus Class-24 dragline. Take your time in the main building's Exhibition Gallery and view the 100 large artifacts on display. The 1920s grain elevator is a must-see. Stay close to the museum in a comfortable Best Western guest room and enjoy excellent guest services.
The Wetaskiwin & District Heritage Museum preserves the heritage of the Wetaskiwin area. Visit the museum to learn about the rich history of the area's settlers, their lifestyles and businesses. The Fur Farming, Vintage Shoes and Period Hats are a few of the exhibits on display at the museum.
During the school year, elementary students enjoy the museum's Children's Legacy Center, with hands-on, learning activities. They learn to make butter, wash clothes with a scrub board, shop in the vintage store and visit the one-room schoolhouse. Enjoy your time in Northern Alberta as a guest of Best Western hotels.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from Water Tower, Canada's oldest working water tower
- 1.50 kilometer(s) from Aviation Hall of Fame, 60 rare and significant vintage aircraft
- 2.00 kilometer(s) from Reynolds Alberta Museum, An award winning and interactive museum celebrating the "Spirit of the Machine"
- 2.00 kilometer(s) from Western Lanes, bowling billards, and arcade
- 3.00 kilometer(s) from By The Lake Park, water sports, fishing, walking/biking trails
- 3.00 kilometer(s) from Wetaskiwin Golf Course
- 4.00 kilometer(s) from Loon's golf Course
- 4.00 kilometer(s) from Wetaskiwin Hospital
- 7.00 kilometer(s) from Edmonton International Speedway, Nascar sanctioned racing every Saturday night May until September
- 25.00 kilometer(s) from Alberta Central Railway M, Railway museum/live steamers society
- 30.00 kilometer(s) from Ma Me O Beach, Sandy beaches on Pigeon Lake
- 75.00 kilometer(s) from West Edmonton Mall, World's largest mall featuring a water park and amusement park
- 75.00 kilometer(s) from Skyreach Center, home of Edmonton Oilers hockey team
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 12 kilometer(s) from Hobbema
- 12 kilometer(s) from Millet
- 30 kilometer(s) from Camrose
- 30 kilometer(s) from Ponoka
- 35 kilometer(s) from Leduc
- 75 kilometer(s) from Edmonton
- 80 kilometer(s) from Red Deer
- O'Brians Restaurant, on premises, Full Service, Steak House, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, O'Brian's Restaurant offers casual dining in a relaxing atmosphere. Whether you are looking for a satisfying breakfast, a great steak or sampling our buffet; you will find a great meal at O'Brian's. Conveniently located with in the hotel.
- Barney's Pub and Grill, on premises, Pub, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, Barney's Pub and Grill offers an unique upscale pub menu, cool drinks and a great atmosphere. Enjoy the game on one of our flat screen televisions, test your luck at our video lottery terminals or catch the excitement of wagering on the ponys. We've got everything you need to have a great time at Barney's Pub and Grill.
- 0.02 kilometer(s) from McDonald's®, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 0.03 kilometer(s) from A & W Restaurant, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 0.03 kilometer(s) from Pizza Hut, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, pizza and free delivery
- 0.03 kilometer(s) from Smitty's Restaurant, Coffee Shop, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, family dining pancake house
- 0.06 kilometer(s) from Wendy's/Tim Hortons, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, American
- 0.06 kilometer(s) from Boston Pizza, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, pizza and pasta are the specialties
BEST WESTERN Wayside Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Wetaskiwin. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean